- In a sweet result for pharmaceuticals, Astellas has invented the world’s first plant-based pill pack
- Simon Tilley ponders the issue of when mass digitalisation and real-world data will accelerate the regulatory process
- Moving genomic medicine beyond its Kitty Hawk moment is a pivotal challenge for industry and vital milestone for the treatment landscape
- Sukhjeen Kaur shares her story of being a young person managing a condition which many assume only affects older people
- A grim anniversary, perhaps, but also a timely reminder of life science’s power to innovate
- The Healthcare Communications Association’s Briefing Room interview series has been talking to prominent leaders at the forefront of change
- Pharma is gradually reconciling its responsibilities to the planet but there is still much soul-searching to be done
- For the cogs of a cohesive healthcare ecosystem to align, understanding the key players across the modernised NHS landscape is key
- Democratising clinical trials among patient groups must become a pivotal target throughout the healthcare ecosystem
- How we recognise and respond to disease is evolving – our future is inseparable from it
- COVID-19 Beta-containing vaccine provides 75.1% efficacy in participants previously infected with coronavirus
- MHRA extends UCB’s therapy for the treatment of partial-onset seizures
- Global surveillance systems show that recorded cases do not include any deaths
- The company has renewed its pledge to eliminate neglected tropical diseases and malaria over five years
- Novartis receives approval from the European Commission for Tabrecta for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer
- The MS Society responds as MS therapy Fampyra is rejected
- Eplontersen significantly improved patient-reported quality of life following successful research
- Pre-clinical screening technology could increase cancer test numbers by 50 times
- The joint aim of the companies was to provide vaccines to vulnerable communities
- The discovery may lead to development of drugs that halt disease progression and stop memory loss
- A phase Ib study of the FGFR/VEGFR inhibitor dovitinib with gemcitabine and capecitabine in advanced solid tumor and pancreatic cancer patientsAmerican Journal of Clinical Oncology
- Cardiovascular risk factor burden in U.S. people with incident type 2 diabetes receiving antidiabetic and cardioprotective therapiesDiabetes Care
- A phase II randomized trial of panitumumab, erlotinib, and gemcitabine vs erlotinib and gemcitabine in patients with untreated, metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma: North Central Cancer Treatment Group Trial N064B (Alliance)The Oncologist
- Are aromatase inhibitors associated with higher myocardial infarction risk in breast cancer patients?: A Medicare population-based studyClinical Cardiology
- Cabergoline in the management of residual nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma: A single-center, open-label, 2-year randomized clinical trialAmerican Journal of Clinical Oncology
- We'll see soon that digital health is simply health care, said Daniel Zlott, PharmD, APhA's senior vice president of education and business development, during APhA's second annual DigitalHealth.Rx summit, chaired by Parisa Vatanka, PharmD, which was held […]
- Pharmacists are primed to address social determinants of health (SDOH) in patients with diabetes. According to CDC, 50% of U.S. adults with diabetes report financial stress and about 20% of U.S. adults with diabetes experience food insecurity.
- During President Biden's state of the union address in early March 2022, he announced the launch of the “Test to Treat” initiative as a way for patients to get tested for COVID-19 and, if the result is […]
- In his state of the union address earlier this year, President Biden announced the “Test to Treat” initiative for patients to gain access to COVID-19 testing and treatments in pharmacies. This effort would allow pharmacists to administer […]
- Solution is available online at pharmacytoday.org.
- Probably best known for soothing the pain of sunburns, aloe vera is a cactus-like plant favored not just for burns but also for acne, eczema, oral submucous fibrosis, and radiation-induced skin reactions. Aloe vera juice is promoted […]
- Drug class: Kinase inhibitor.
- Recent research suggests that patients who have been diagnosed with uncomplicated acute appendicitis could avoid surgery using antibiotic treatment. According to a study published in JAMA Surgery on January 11, 2022, understanding the associations between clinical and […]
- Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are humans, and humans make mistakes. Human errors can be reduced though system improvements, but they cannot be completely avoided. This is why health care institutions have departments of “risk management” rather than […]
- Sweeping nationwide worker shortages that inspired the term “The Great Resignation” have been an ongoing collateral effect of the COVID-19 pandemic. The phenomenon has touched most industries and professions, including certified pharmacy technicians (CPhTs), in some way.
- BIG RAPIDS – The Ferris State University Board of Trustees hosted a special virtual meeting and approved the 2022-23 preliminary general fund operating budget, tuition rates and additional items on Tuesday, June 21.
- Ferris State University Associate Professor of Information Security and Intelligence Jerry Emerick has received a 2023 Fulbright Scholarship to work with faculty at the St. Polten University of Applied Sciences in Lower Austria. Emerick, active in cybersecurity conferences and student competitions, is eager to gain insights on critical infrastructure protections through this award.
- The work promoting learning and excellence in the West Michigan region, fostered by Ferris State University’s Center for Latin@ Studies, begins long before students seek their degree in Big Rapids or through a Ferris Statewide location.
- The Administration and Finance Division’s Campus Auxiliary Services operation has announced that Lisa Ortiz, Ferris State University’s interim Housing and Residence Life director, is now officially the director of that office after serving the last eight months in an acting capacity.
- A 1998 Ferris State University Michigan College of Optometry alumnus says service to patients is important. But, Dr. Jeffrey Michaels’ selection as the American Optometric Association’s 2022 Optometrist of the Year was based on his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic.
East Paris Pharmacy
2060 E. Paris Ave Suite 102
Grand Rapids, MI, 49546
Phone: 1 (616) 805-4601
Fax: 1 (616) 805-4826