- PharmaTimes talks to Filippo Buccella, whose son Luca was diagnosed with the rare genetic disorder Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) 28 years ago.He offers an in-depth look at Luca’s path to diagnosis, the treatment he has received as well as the advice he would offer to parents of a child with DMD.
- Ben Routley and Mark Pringle take a look at how behavioural science techniques (BST) could be used to improve the impact of client communications
- We are currently witnessing a significant shift in healthcare – the rise of the empowered patient
- M&A returns – but in a new form
- If there was a word to sum up healthcare communications in 2021 it would be ‘sustainability’…in all senses of the word
- The pharma industry has been pivotal during the pandemic and this focus looks set to continue into 2022
- What’s next for the pharmaceutical industry?
- A look at the key developments across the sector this year
- Often misunderstood, the new focus on prevention and population health within the NHS can help pharma become a critical part of a more holistic, outcomes-led strategy for local systems, argues Oli Hudson
- Psyros Diagnostics has signed an agreement to be acquired by the Swedish company, Prolight Diagnostics AB. Psyros’s ground-breaking Point-of-Care (POC) technology enables the measurement of disease-indicating molecules in extremely low concentrations–in ten minutes or less.
- New figures from Health Education England (HEE) show that the pharmacist vacancy rate in community pharmacies across England has doubled to 8% between 2017 and 2021.
- The drug received conditional marketing authorisation in the UK from the MHRA in November
- Antibodies generated from only two vaccine doses offer less protection against the Omicron variant
- NICE also aims to make strides in digital, genomic and antimicrobial technologies
- Imfinzi has shown improvements in the overall survival of patients with biliary tract cancer
- The NHS launches world-first study investigating genetic testing for common diseases
- Cancer Research UK announces clinical trial for most common type of lung cancer
- Clinical stage outfit, Destiny Pharma, provides a positive summary of the year ahead
- If we have learnt anything from the last two years, it’s that virus protection is not to be sniffed at
- A phase Ib study of the FGFR/VEGFR inhibitor dovitinib with gemcitabine and capecitabine in advanced solid tumor and pancreatic cancer patientsAmerican Journal of Clinical Oncology
- Cardiovascular risk factor burden in U.S. people with incident type 2 diabetes receiving antidiabetic and cardioprotective therapiesDiabetes Care
- A phase II randomized trial of panitumumab, erlotinib, and gemcitabine vs erlotinib and gemcitabine in patients with untreated, metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma: North Central Cancer Treatment Group Trial N064B (Alliance)The Oncologist
- Are aromatase inhibitors associated with higher myocardial infarction risk in breast cancer patients?: A Medicare population-based studyClinical Cardiology
- Cabergoline in the management of residual nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma: A single-center, open-label, 2-year randomized clinical trialAmerican Journal of Clinical Oncology
- One year into COVID-19 vaccination, pharmacists across the country have learned a great deal. Guidance from federal officials changed rapidly and misinformation spread all over social media, but through it all pharmacists have been the trusted voice […]
- At a recent meeting of CDC’s Advisory Committee of Immunization Practices (ACIP), the group recommended recombinant zoster vaccine (RZV) for adults 19 years and older who are immunodeficient or immunosuppressed as well as the routine use of […]
- It is with the benefit of time and experience that we look back on days past. From this perspective, there are lessons to learn and wisdom to gain, which can and will shape our future. Despite the […]
- According to a 2019 Brain Health and Dietary Supplements Survey conducted by AARP, over 25% of Americans age 50 and up use some sort of supplement to help boost their brain health. A quick internet search for […]
- Drug class: Cytomegalovirus (CMV) pUL97 kinase inhibitor.
- We know that dexamethasone reduces morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19 infections. Does a higher daily intake of dexamethasone reduce morbidity and mortality further? Munch and colleagues answered this question in the COVID STEROID 2 Trial Group […]
- Pharmacists are well aware that polypharmacy is a major issue among patients, especially older adults. Recent studies have estimated that approximately 36% of older adults take at least 5 prescription medications, and 67% take 5 or more […]
- Many health systems have been caught off-guard by a sharp plunge in drug availability due to the unforeseen demand of certain medications created by the COVID-19 pandemic. Chief among them is Tocilizumab (TCZ), a monoclonal antibody interleukin-6 […]
- Adults treated with empagliflozin (Jardiance—Boehringer Ingelheim, Lilly) during hospitalization for an acute heart failure (HF) event had reduced all-cause mortality, fewer HF events, and improvement in HF–related symptoms compared with those given a placebo, according to results […]
- Eleven Ferris State University students will travel to the Rocky Mountains to support various operational aspects of ‘X Games Aspen 2022,’ Friday, Jan. 21 through Sunday, Jan. 23. The journey is part of a continued collaborative relationship that includes the ESPN networks, Aspen Ski Company and Ferris’ Sports, Entertainment and Hospitality Management program.
- Faced with a severely altered educational landscape in Spring 2020, Ferris State University’s Office of International Education promoted sustainability and enhance communication competency through its Global Engagement e-Certificate, a free, non-credit co-curricular program.
- An icon of the Civil Rights Movement will speak as part of Ferris State University’s Martin Luther King, Jr. celebration Monday, Jan. 17, as Joan Trumpauer Mulholland presents “Living Legends: Advocacy in Action” at 5 p.m., in Rooms 202 A/B of the University Center.
- Interim Housing and Residence Life Director Gains Distinguished Service Award from Regional AssociationProfessionals overseeing housing for higher education in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois have presented Lisa Ortiz, Ferris State University’s Interim Director of Housing and Residence Life, with their Dr. John E. Collins Distinguished Service Award. The honor became official during the Great Lakes Association of College and University Housing Officers’ Annual Conference.
- Ferris State University’s Spring 2022 semester began Monday, Jan. 10, for classes on the main campus, in Big Rapids, and at Ferris Statewide, Ferris-Grand Rapids and Kendall College of Arts and Design locations.
East Paris Pharmacy
2060 E. Paris Ave Suite 102
Grand Rapids, MI, 49546
Phone: 1 (616) 805-4601
Fax: 1 (616) 805-4826